Colagrossi Futures, LLC is registered with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) as a Guaranteed Introducing Broker (GIB) and is a member of the National Futures Association (NFA) - Member ID: 0418609. Colagrossi Futures, LLC accounts are carried at R.J. O’Brien & Associates on a fully disclosed basis.
About the CFTC and NFA
Congress created the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) http://www.cftc.gov in 1974 as an independent agency with the mandate to regulate commodity futures and option markets in the United States. The agency's mandate has been renewed and expanded several times since then, most recently by the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000.
National Futures Association (NFA) http://www.nfa.futures.org is the industry wide, self-regulatory organization for the U.S. futures industry. We strive every day to develop rules, programs and services that safeguard market integrity, protect investors and help our Members meet their regulatory responsibilities.
The CFTC provides government oversight for the entire industry. Each U.S. futures exchange operates as a self-regulatory organization, governing its floor brokers, traders and member firms. The NFA regulates every firm or individual who conducts futures trading business with public customers. Although the various regulatory organizations in the futures industry have their own specific areas of authority, together they form a regulatory partnership that oversees all industry participants.
Key Features of the NFA Regulations
A GIB, like Colagrossi Futures LLC, is required to adhere to stringent regulatory requirements which govern the GIB’s practices and relationships with business affiliates, clients and members of the public.
Under the NFA's rules, a GIB must:
- Undergo an annual audit
- Establish a comprehensive Anti-Money Laundering (AML) program
- Develop a business continuity and disaster recovery plan to prevent the disruption of the GIB’s operations in the event of a disaster
- Monitor and submit all promotional material for approval
The NFA provides investors with:
- Oversight of the industry
- Direct access to filing complaints
- Dispute resolution programs to assist both investors and GIBs in resolving all disputes in a sophisticated manner.
- Broker/Firm Information through BASIC (Background Affiliation Status Information Center), a database which informs investors about a company's registration status and disciplinary history with the NFA
- Educational Research through the Investor Learning Center